Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Alternative Process

So as I said in an earlier blog post, I was going to transfer images to a T-shirt. If you want the directions they are here. So I realized that you need a lot of gel medium. Like a lot. So Mrs. Underwood suggested adding about 2-3 layers of gel medium, just like adding coats of paint to a wall. You apply it, let it dry then apply gel medium again. Make sure you get the edges and don't put any gel medium on the opposite side of the image. Also instead of just spraying water, soak the whole T-shirt in water, this helps peel off the paper. I think that avoiding very glossy paper might give you better results and I've found that newspaper seemed to work the best. I also used some very old newspaper about 50+ years old and I wouldn't suggest that because the paper is very hard to take off. Next I'm going to see how well it works in the dryer, hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment