Friday, March 7, 2014

Quilt Project

So we need to find alternative ways to print an image on fabric because we're making a class quilt, which personally, I think is really cute. Since the process I did used gel medium it wouldn't be a good candidate. (It makes the fabric a bit stiff.) Side note I put it in the washer and some of the image came off. Anyways, yesterday I borrowed a fabric transfer kit and I'm wondering how that would turn out. I also searched for a way to print images on fabric and I found a process that used a plain ol' inkjet printer, the only draw back is  that it has to be 8 1/2" x 11" which is probably going to be too big for an individual quilty section. Here's the link if you want to check it out. So that's what it looks like, actually I take it back. It could work but you would be wasting fabric, unless you printed like 4 at a time. Yeah that would probs work.

Tutorial for Printing on Fabric
http://thegraphicsfairy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/How-to-Print-on-Fabric-GraphicsFairy71.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment