Monday, November 11, 2013

Laszlo Moholy-Nagy

Laszlo Moholy-Nagy was born in Bacsbarsod, Hungary on July 20, 1895. Before and during WWI Nagy studied law in Budapest then entered the war. After severing an injury in 1918 Nagy attended art school, Hungarian Fauve. 

I like this image, it's pretty creepy with the baby dolls. I like the criss-crossing from the fence also it adds some leading lines to the photo.

Whenever I see photos like this I always associate it with time passing and that's also what I think of when I see this image. I really like how the shot of the girl smiling is the one that's most in focus and in the rest she looks very serious. 

I really like this photo because of all the horizontal lines and I like how Nagy tilted them to give it a fresh touch. My favorite little detail is that the man at the top is actually looking down at the photographer.


No comments:

Post a Comment